She's a Clothes Horse

Charlotte is almost 8 months old and she is already a clothes horse! She has more outfits that fit her than I do.

Our little girl has finally grown out of her 3-6 months clothes. She is growing up so fast! Last night I began putting away Charlotte’s old clothes and took a trip down memory lane. It was amazing to be reminded of how much she has grown, even though she is still tiny for her age (14 lbs 8 oz as of last week). I also took this opportunity to re-bag the clothes that she will wear in the future. Will she really get big enough to fill the long legs of her 18-month clothes? Oh… she is growing up too fast! I took all of her newborn to 3-month clothes and put them in those space-saver vacuum bags. It took 2 of the large bags to hold everything. Maybe some day when things slow down, there will be another Baby Sabin to wear them. Between last night and this morning, It took me about 3 hours to finish the job. I have her 9-month clothes in the bottom drawer of the dresser and the 12-18 month outfits in another vacuum bag. I even have a tiny bag of 24-month + clothes!

Now that I see what she has for the current stage, 6-9 months, and the next stage, 12 months, I have a better idea of what she needs. She needs maybe 2 more dresses (nothing too frilly), and 1 pair of jeans, and 1 pair of denim shorts that will match anything. I doubt she will need socks, shoes, or onesies though! I have 2 very full drawers of clothes for her that will fit her for a few more months. I’ll also be on the lookout for a few more summer outfits in the 9-month size and fall clothes in the 12 month size. I am definitely going to have to hit the thrift stores in a few weeks. I think a lot of people will be packing up their spring/winter outfits about now (like me) and then making a generous donation to the local care center. It will be a good time to stock up for the 18-month outfits we will need next winter.

I was surprised to see how many outfits she had that were barely worn. I even had 1 or 2 that never got worn. Since some of them still had the tags, I put them in a special place to use for re-gifting. I know at least 3 women who will have a babies next fall, and 2 of them already know they are having girls. These are Charlotte's future friends so we gotta treat them right.
Pictures:
  • Top left - Charlotte's 2nd week home. I tried to capture her yawns in this Eeyore outfit.
  • Top right - Chinese-style pant and shirt with soft pink rosebuds for decoration. 2 months old.
  • Middle left - Probably the first outfit I bought Charlotte, and organic George onesie with attached plaid miniskirt. 3 months old.
  • Middle right - Definitely an outfit from her Grandma. I think these colors look particularly good on her, just like her momma. 4 months old.
  • Bottom left - This pink footed outfit was one of my favorites. She grew out of this one in the last few weeks. 5 months old.

Comments

  1. Don't you love playing dress up with a little girl? I have 3 girls and I still love to do it.
    BTW, yes I do post a Publix list every week. I also post a Winn-Dixie and CVS list if there is anything good at those stores.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids