Happy Father's Day Bruce

This is my husband's first Father's Day. We won't be at church today for me to get pictures of lots of great dads and it took me a long time to figure out what Charlotte and I could get her daddy for Father's Day.

I don't have a picture of it, and as a matter of fact, Bruce hasn't even received it yet. (I'm writing this on Saturday and scheduling it to post tomorrow morning.) I'll try to remember to post pictures later on Sunday.

Also, (I'm just full of excuses!) Bruce and I have to finish packing up our house because we are moving. I know... big news... I haven't had time to blog about that part of my life recently. Maybe I'll catch you up after we are settled into our new place. So... my blog might be a little quiet for the next week or so.

Anyway... I want to talk about Bruce. Bruce is a wonderful daddy. He loves his daughter and is happy and glad to let her know it frequently. Hearing him say, "I love you," to our daughter makes my heart swell with pride in how precious she is to him. Just as we are precious to our Heavenly Father. I wanted to find a special verse for him, and am cheating a little by sharing these I found at Christianity.About.com.

Bruce is a man of integrity. He stands for the truth and will not back down from it.
1 Chronicles 29:17 I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity ... (NIV)

Bruce is rarely discouraged. He leans on God. Joshua 1:9 ...Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (NIV)

Bruce's heart is definitely turned towards not just Charlotte, but unborn children, and orphans. Malachi 4:6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers... (NIV)

Bruce demonstrates compassion in the most literal sense. He is not afraid to stand up for children, including standing up for what he believes is best for Charlotte. Psalm 103:13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; (NIV)
Bruce is a discerning man who always researches what is best, not relying on hearsay or rumor. Proverbs 17:24 A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth. (NIV)

Bruce doesn't generally lose his temper. I can't remember the last time he said a cross word to anyone, even when I thought they deserved it. Proverbs 17:27 A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. (NIV)

Bruce is going to learn this one, and I know his heart is in it. Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (NIV)

Bruce, let me end by saying I love you and I love the father you are becoming to our sweet Charlotte. I can't wait to see what other children the Lord brings us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids