30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 9

Today, for the picture challenged that I have been neglecting, I am supposed to share a picture of the person who has gotten you through the most. This question sort of implies that I've been through a lot. And sincerely I say to you, I haven't been through a lot. Overwhelmingly, I have very little to complain about in life.

That doesn't mean it has been perfect, just that it is relatively drama free. I look around and see lots of people who have been put through the wringer, but I am not one of them.

Ultimately, the one "person" who has gotten me through the most is Jesus Christ. I know the kind of person I would be without a personal relationship with him and the Holy Spirit to guide me each day. (By the way,  can I just say i is really hard to find a picture of Jesus that does NOT look European???)

Last night a friend asked on Facebook, "Does the phrase "does not play well with others" mean anything to y'all? How about when talking about thirty and forty-somethings?"

And my honest response, "I would be one of those people if it weren't for the work of the Holy Spirit in my life on a daily basis!"

It is 100% true too. I came into a relationship with Jesus as a middle school student so I was old enough to see for myself what kind of person I had the potential to be without godly intervention. And I'm still human so I live up to that potential every day. But with Jesus to guide me I am able to reign it in a lot more often than most of my real life friends would believe.


Who has helped you the most?


(Image courtesy of 1800SunStar)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids