30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 12

Today I am going to show you a picture of something I love - a house full of teenagers!

Something I haven't shared with my blog readers yet is that we have opened our home to host a Chinese exchange student for this school year. She has been with us since August and will be staying until late June. Her name is Yanfei and she is definitely a part of our family. (She was even on our family's photo Christmas card!)

For Chinese New Year earlier this month, she decided to throw a party for her new American friends and give them a taste of her food and culture. We have loved having her in our home and the night of this party was one of my favorite nights in a long, long time. We served dumplings, steamed buns, spring rolls, and a great citrus punch. It was great to see her friends willing to try all of these new to them foods.

I was channeling my own mom all night long - cooking, listening into their teenage conversations, occasionally interjecting to clarify a point about the food, and then finally disappearing so they could sing karaoke and play games.

As the evening progressed my heart was full. Truly full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids