Review: Mardi Gras Game Pack


Did you know I lived in Louisiana for 1 year? It was the year after I graduated from college and it was time for Bruce to finish he bachelor's degree. So off to New Orleans we went!

I'll be honest and tell you there were lots of things about N'Awlins I didn't care for. But I did like going to the family-friendly Mardi Gras parades in Metarie. They were clean and enjoyable and parents didn't have to worry about exposing their children to the various "things" that are typically associated with Mardi Gras celebrations.

Around here, since we don't live in N'Awlins any more, we don't really celebrate Mardi Gras. But I did get a chance to look at some Mardi Gras games and printable activities and think about ways we could celebrate at home.

My favorite was the dress up dolls pack. None of the outfits were offensive or over the top and I could really imagine all the stories my girls could make up with the different dresses and outfits. I think I would put popsicle sticks on the back and let them make up a puppet show or tell us a story about the pirate and the princesses. This is something I could see us using at other times of year as well.

I also really liked the scavenger hunt, but it is for bigger kids who know how to read or who are paired up with an older child who can read for them. The printable masks (jaguar, pig, bird, and a fantasy creature) are also something that could be used year round. There is a set of masks that is already colored in, and then a black and white line drawn set that your kids could color themselves.

You can download the set yourself for $19.95 at Mardi Gras Games.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids