Review: Kidswitch

I may be a type-A controlling mom, but I do work hard to foster some degree of independence in my children. I want them to feel confident that they can do simple things, even if I'm not around to help. Turning on a light is one of those simple things that just isn't possible when they are extra short.

Until I heard about Kidswitch. This is a nifty little helper that attaches to your existing light plate making it possible for the shorties in your house to turn the lights on and off.

Charlotte was already tall enough to reach the switch when we got this, but Mary wasn't. She can use this to turn the light on and off as needed. And since she likes to just hang out in the bathroom, it works for her. (I know my child is strange.) I don't have to worry about the step stool getting picked up and moved all over or dropped on someone's foot. Not to mention the toys that might be stepped on and moved around.

I wish we had these when Charlotte started using the bathroom by herself. It would have kept the paint from getting all messed up with her dirty hands. I really do need to repaint the bathroom walls now that they have all sorts of spots on them from her. If we'd had the Kidswitch then my walls would not be all messed up right now.

Oh, and did I mention the Kidswitch glows in the dark?! That's a pretty cool feature that both my girls have fun with. Of course, when I first put it in the bathroom, they just had fun watching it glow while they sat in a dark bathroom. And anything with a moon on it makes Charlotte happy since that is her middle name.

You can only buy the Kidswitch online at the Kidswitch Shop. They start at $8.95 with discounts available for buying more than 1. If you have those toggle switches, Kidswitch also has an adapted version for those that is even easier to install.

This isn't what I would consider a necessary product, but it can help keep your walls clean and your kids safer in a dark bathroom. I'd put this in the "nice to have" category.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids