My First Playdate

"Wanna come play with me?"
When we moved to our new community last summer, I knew that I wanted to get to know the other moms in our neighborhood. I just didn't realize that it would be so hard. Even though there are lots of sidewalks in our community and we take frequent walks, it is hard to meet people to form relationships.

Now that it has been six months since we moved, I decided to be a bit more proactive and intentional about the whole thing.

I made a flyer.

Yep, I designed a simple little flyer inviting other moms to come over and have a play date with us. I posted it by the mail boxes and then made 100 copies of it to deliver door to door. We put them on the doors about a week ago and this morning is going to be our first offical community play date.

I hope it goes well. I have a simple craft and snack planned for the kiddos and hope the mommas get to have some nice "getting to know you" chats. I'll share more later how it turns out.

Comments

  1. How great Jennifer! I am so proud of you being so proactive! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been brave enough to try something like that when I was a new mom. I think part of the reason walking around etc. that you don't meet other moms is b/c most of them are out working. I remember taking walks to the park and hoping I'd find another mom to talk to - but the "moms" at the park all appeared to either be super young or they were the grandparents.

    Even now I'm amazed at how empty all the beautiful parks in our area are - during the day during the week. THese are huge, new play structures - but empty.

    Hope your playdate goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement.

    I had planned to write a post about our playdate, but both of the moms couldn't make it at the last minute. 1 was sick and the other was called in to work.

    I'm okay with that though... I'll try again in January when things slow down.

    Edi, you are right about the other moms working... the available pool of SAHMs here is small to begin with. I was just thrilled that 2 moms actually called me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. duh, I deleted my comment because I had just typed "Praying all went well" then I hit send and saw your response to the other 2 moms lol! Even though it didn't work out this time, hopefully it will the next time! :D Your lil one is just too cute to NOT be Miss Popularity at ANY playgroup! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids