Update on my Mom

Have you ever felt useless or helpless when a loved one was sick?

If so, then I know you are relating to me right now. There is nothing I can do to help my mom right now. I can't give her my blood (I might have the markers for the same thing she has). I can't visit her (I still have this annoying cough). I can't even yell at the pharmacy when they deliver her meds two hours late and the nurses decide it is now too close to her next dose so they just skip it.

All I can do is post updates on her Caring Bridge site and pray. And, well, it just isn't enough action for me. I want to be there, actively participating in her care and healing. Instead, I have to get phone updates several times a day from her or my dad.

It just isn't the same. Especially when she sounded this morning just like she did on Monday when they admitted her. I can't tell you how mad it made me that the pharmacy was late delivering her meds. The only reason she is still in the hospital is to get those meds so her blood numbers can improved. Without those, she might as well be at home, where she would be infinitely more comfortable.

As much as we all know how much of a control freak my mom is, let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :)

 
I wish I had some better pictures of my mom to share, but she doesn't like being in front of the camera. This one was taken a couple of months ago at the Sting Ray pool in Sea World.

Comments

  1. You and your family are in my prayers. Hope your mother gets feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, I haven’t checked your blog in a while and missed what’s going on with your mom. She will be in my thoughts and prayers as will all of you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids