Insecurity in Women

Living Proof Ministries recently asked their blog readers to answer a few questions about insecurity. After 820 women responded, they closed the comments and I didn't get a chance to answer the questions. They asked women to anonymously answer the following questions:
  1. What age-decade are you in? (Teens? Twenties? Thirties? ...Sixties?)
  2. Single? Married? Divorced? Or widowed?
  3. How big an issue is insecurity to you personally? Respond with one of the following answers: None at all; A little; Enough to bother me; Pretty big; HUGE.
  4. What do you see as the 2 leading sources of insecurity in your personal life? (Use brief answers please)
  5. Give this one serious thought: How much would you say a man or men play into your insecurities? (Use only a few words.
  6. If you have something to share and particularly if you feel your pulse rising a bit at the subject matter, write one BRIEF paragraph describing specific impact insecurity has had on you.
Since I couldn't provide my answers, I decided to start reading what other women had shared. I couldn't get a third down the page without tears streaming down my face. There are so many women out there who are so broken, relying on their fathers, mothers, husbands, friends, and children for support and encouragement and being rebuffed at every turn.

Certainly, they should be turning to God for their security. But I don't think God wants us to live in a vacuum. He put these other people in our lives just so we could feel His love through them. I admit to lots of struggles with my own insecurities too and know I am no better than many of the women who left comments on the LPM's blog.

What can we do about it? What can I do about it?  I have a few ideas of my own, but I want to know what you think. How can we, as women in particular, help other women over come their insecurities related to success, parenting, weight, and relationships?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids