Mother's Day and a Big Test

I apologize for the long wait between posts. I really did mean to post something this weekend in honor of Mother’s Day, but I was very busy. Fortunately, most of what I was busy at on Saturday was spending time with my own mother. We had a nice breakfast together at Mimi’s Café and then saw a movie and did some shopping. She picked out Georgia Rule all on her own. I am glad it was not a movie I picked out for Mother’s Day! It was a fine movie, just not the feel-good, chick-flick we were looking for on Mother’s Day. I did receive my first Mother’s Day card from Baby Sabin. Though I must confess, Daddy Sabin did most of the work, as Baby Sabin’s fine-motor skills are not all there yet, along with many other skills needed to pick out and buy a card. J It was nice to think of this as my first Mother’s Day, but I know next year will be even sweeter when I actually am holding a baby of my own on this holiday.

Now, about the Big Test I mentioned in my subject… Today, I am feeling as anxious as one of my students preparing to take an exam. I have the Glucose Challenge Test to take after school. I think the results will turn out okay, but I am taking no chances. I am trying to not add any extra sugar to my diet (which I have been working on for a few weeks now) so that my insulin levels are not high going into the test. In addition, because I do not want to wait for a couple of days to get the results, I am bringing along a blood-glucose monitor of my own that I can use right after they test me. This way, I will have an idea of what they are going to tell me when they call the day or two after the real test.

I am now 27 weeks pregnant. There are only 13 weeks or so left until Baby Sabin makes his or her grand entrance. I find the further I get along the more my students like to use my pregnancy as a topic of conversation to distract me from keeping them on task. I usually will indulge 1-2 questions then have to remind myself that they are in my room to learn something about English, not about my baby! Did I ever mention the fun game I play with my students when they ask me about baby names? Whoever asks me, I always tell them that their name is at the top of our list. They usually believe me until another students asks and gets the same answer.

Oh, and one more thing… I have my first baby shower this Wednesday. Many people have asked, so in response to the popular demand, you can view both of my registries by clicking the links on the top right side of this page. I have some items on both lists, so make sure you check them both out (at least online), since there have been various sales and discounts at different points that make one site cheaper than the other. And, if you have any suggestions for anything else I need, feel free to comment and let me know. I am always looking for feedback since this is my first time picking baby stuff out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids