Baby Meets Daddy

I am so happy to report that Baby Sabin has formally introduced himself (or herself) to Daddy! Today, while we were watching TV, I had Bruce just sit with his hand on my belly until he felt Baby Sabin kick. Once that happened, he got a little more into it and actually got to see my belly moving around when the baby kicked me. This was the first time (after several attempts) that he was able to feel Baby Sabin moving. He of course gave me some good natured teasing because it felt subtle to him. I explained that it was very different from the inside. :-) I really like watching my belly move when I get a chance to just sit and stare. There will be a lot of time to do that this summer.

I am feeling better today after having quite a bit of lower abdominal pain since Thursday. I am still planning to mention it to my doctor during today (Tuesday's) appointment. Yes, I am still up. I haven't stayed up until midnight for quite a while and am just about ready to call it a night. We have a big day planned tomorrow, ending with a special anniversary dinner at Texas de Brazil. This is probably the last time we will be able to enjoy such an expensive dinner for many, many years!

The other night, at the rehearsal dinner, my parents and their friends were taking friendly bets on how long it would take us to get pregnant with baby number two. They all think I'll be pregnant again by the time Baby Sabin #1 is 12 months old. We'll see. I do want my babies close together since I want 3-4 (possibly, this is still up in the air) and need to get them done before I am 40 years old, but I am not sure about spacing them 1 year apart when I have time for 2 years apart. Like I said, we'll see.

And now, I am 29 weeks pregnant. Here is what is happening with Baby Sabin, from BabyCenter.com: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to accommodate his brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids