What To Feed My Baby

When I first realized that Mary was not able to nurse properly I immediately called my favorite lactation consultant and followed her advice to begin pumping so Mary could receive the best nutrition possible.  In the days that followed after visiting speech therapists and trying to nurse repeatedly, it became clear to me that I would become a full-time pumping momma.

Never in a million years would I claim those first weeks were easy. In order to establish my milk supply I had to pump 10-12 times a day in the beginning. Each time I thought I had reached my breaking point of feeding my "ugly baby" (the pump), I would consider how expensive quality formula is and decide that if I could just drop one pumping session I think I could make it another month.

Now, I've settled into a routine of pumping twice a day, which I feel I could maintain indefinitely. However, if my job as a "full time pumping momma" were to change (and at times I've seriously considered it), a recent court decision can give me a break on the cost of formula. And this is surely welcome news to those mommas that are already feeding their babies formula. It might be time for you to reconsider the store brands.

The US District Courtfound that store-brand infant formulas are nutritionally equivalent to, and confer the same developmental benefits as, the more expensive national brands like Enfamil. If you are interested in reading up on and learning more details about the landmark court case that confirmed this fact, check out the following links and articles to gain more information.

Official Press Release:

Comments

  1. VERY good to hear. ALthough I hope to nurse, after Matthew I know things don't always go as planned! Thanks for the post...hope you guys are doing well, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids