Southern Girls Cooking Club - Lesson 1

In the spirit of Titus 2, my new friend Belinda started a Southern Girls Cooking Club for women to get together and learn new ways to bless their families with yummy meals. We even have a Facebook group!

Last Saturday night we met for the first lesson - potato soup and quiche. Both recipes came together so easily I was kind of embarrassed that I don't make either one of them.

The basic quiche recipe is 5 eggs, 2 cups of milk, and then whatever else you want for your quiche, usually, cheese, a meat, and a veggie or two. And no need to get fancy, we used store bought crusts.  Lynda demonstrated a cheddar and ham quiche as well as a cheddar and spinach quiche.

Lynda also taught me something about celery I didn't know. The majority of the flavor is in the leaf and it is okay to chop it up and add it to your dishes.

I don't have the potato soup recipe just yet, but tried to make my own version of it today and posted that on my other blog, Eating It Up.


Here are the beauty shots of the three yummy dishes we helped Lynda make.





I can't wait for our next lesson. Any suggestions about what we should learn? I want to know how to make a biscuit that doesn't crumble.

Comments

  1. Do you promise Quiche is not impossible? I've wanted to, but never had the nerve to try making one!
    You could try a nice southern Bread Pudding, I've been afraid to try those also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids