Christmas Morning

I had big plans for Christmas morning. Thanks to a Facebook contest, I won a free night's stay at a local hotel for my parents so they could be at our house when Charlotte came downstairs. I bought things for her that I thought she would really enjoy.

And then, my husband forgot to wake me up before he took Charlotte downstairs to her awaiting grandparents and presents. It made me cry. Not the way anyone wants to start their Christmas morning. But he apologized and we moved on to the gift giving.

Charlotte got books...


G-ma got a lot of big boxes.


With small gifts inside. Like her Kindle.


Charlotte received her first keyboard. It plays kitty sounds too.


My lack of a list and my stockpiling converged so that I received a a box of cereal from my pantry. Thanks Bruce.


Charlotte opened all of her own gifts and didn't really need any help at all.


Grumpy celebrated by receiving gifts to go with his gift to himself - a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom.

And Mary got in on the action by trying to help open her own gifts as well. Fortunately, her big sister was more than happy to help.


I guess you could say that these are pictures that only family might appreciate. It was dark at 6 am when Charlotte woke up so the lack of natural light left me with few pictures to choose from.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that your new year is off to a great start!

Comments

  1. All the best to you and your family in the New Year! Your kids are just too adorable for words, I enjoy all your photos! Your Christmas present hits close to home, I also have quite a stockpile of Kashi,etc...! Hope no one around here decides to get cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids