WFMW: Monthly Menu Planning Spreadsheet

As an update to my post last month about monthly menu planning and how much easier it has made my life, I want to share this great monthly menu planning spreadsheet that one of my readers (my mom!) was inspired to make and share. My mom is great with these sorts of things and she made it really easy to use.

April will be my first month trying this out and I am excited to have the list formatted more cleanly than my handwritten notes were. You can access the spreadsheet through Google Docs at this link - monthly menu planning spreadsheet.

There are columns for the date, meal idea, source, and for fresh ingredients. The last one is probably my favorite feature of my monthly menu plan. Because seriously, if I tried to buy my produce and dairy for the whole month at the beginning, it wouldn't last. We'd probably just eat all of the fruit up in the first 2 weeks and then end up with rotten spinach by the time we got to week 4.

Currently, this spreadsheet is formatted from April 2011 - March 2012. And next year, if someone reminds me, I'll post an updated one for 2012-2013.


Now, it's time for me to fill out my menu for next month! My family likes to eat!


Let me know if you have made the switch to monthly menu planning. If not, what keeps you from it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids