Friday, January 11, 2008

Waning Crescent Moon

I have had fun pointing the moon out to Charlotte when we happen to see it, at night or during the day. There is even a little 'thing' I say to her when we see it in daytime. It goes something like, 'Little moon, little moon, you came out too soon.' (I think I read it online somewhere.) With her middle name being 'Moon,' it makes sense that we would point it out to her often. I even made her a plate with her name on it.

Tonight, I looked up in the sky and saw a beautiful waning crescent moon. Bruce pointed out that it was like Charlotte Moon (on the plate). And that gave me a wonderful idea. This is the Charlotte Moon. It is delightful to look at and I hope it will give Charlotte a smile every time she sees the moon in this phase. We will tell her that her daddy named it the Charlotte Moon, after her. Moon 2

1 comment:

  1. I love that the moon was named from your baby girl! This was creative, and sentimental. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.