I Suck

Bad too. I had no idea just how out of shape I had gotten in the last year. About 1 year and 2 weeks ago I ran the majority of a half marathon. Now? I can't even keep up with my old running buddy during her walking warm up. How sad is that? Very, very sad. I gave up after 20 minutes when she graciously directed us back to her house. I stretched and left. She's super dedicated and climbed onto her elliptical runner.

A former student of mine asked me if I would go to Curves with her and while I wasn't planning to go back, I think it is much more my pace right now. I'll never be a runner, but I should be able to walk at a brisk pace without losing my breath and heaving!

Comments

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself, you just had a baby. However, I should practice what I preach......I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... yeah, I know. But I was working out at Curves until shortly before Charlotte was born. Since then, I've done painfully little to maintain any sort of cardiovascular health. I am just glad I got that reality check yesterday to kick my butt in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my "reality check" came in the mail when I stepped on the scale! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer!

    This is Mia with the Blog Cafe. I saw your post from a few days back about the blog design, and I would love to offer you a free design, as our way of saying Thank You for all your kind words about our work. No hidden catches. I couldn't find your email on your page, or I would have contacted you that way. If you want to get in touch with me about things, please do! mia@theblogcafe.net.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids