Since Scribbit made me think of it... here it is, my notes list of what I like about various blog designs. Don't laugh, this is the raw, unedited version. It isn't pretty. :-)
If any of you have spare time and want to look at these as well, let me know if you notice any themes. That might make it easier for me to communicate with whoever I choose to hire.
Ideas from The Blog Cafe:
· I like the color palette & the layout of the graphics and title of this site – http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/908431210/.
· I like the simplicity of the scene, though I don’t want a beach scene, and I like the toned down color palette here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/906638688/.
· I like the way this scene is stylized, but not the business-y part or the bubbles of it… it would need to be of a home-setting w/ a baby on the floor. If there was a desk in my design then it should have a picture of my family in it – http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/906638638/.
· I like the way the family is depicted in front of the window - http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/952584787/in/set-72157601020400044/.
· One might think I would like this one - http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/952664683/in/set-72157601020400044/ - but the palette is all wrong for me and I don’t want to be seen changing a diaper, though I do like the way the woman is sitting.
· I like the font on this one - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelmommy/920776762/in/set-72157601043462542/ and this one - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelmommy/919902987/in/set-72157601043462542/ and this one too - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelmommy/919824969/in/set-72157601043462542/.
· I like how the design is asymmetrical and comes down on the left, while the blog starts higher up into the design (does that make sense?) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelmommy/920701966/in/set-72157601043462542/.
· I like this layout, it is very elegant - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelmommy/920661430/in/set-72157601043462542/.
· I think this is my favorite design from The Blog Café. I love the background and the woman at the top without a face. I would prefer a woman with an apron (vintage style) and a baby - http://www.flickr.com/photos/32819938@N00/966215196/.
Busy Mom - http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/how/style_and_design/illustrations/2444614_busy_housewife_and_mother.php?id=2444614
Parents Holding baby - http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/object/4278938_parents_holding_baby.php?id=4278938
I like the peacefulness of this design - http://feistels-in-taiwan.blogspot.com/.
Organized Doodles - maybe I should just have my own picture drawn???
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Shared by Jennifer at 1/10/2008 07:30:00 PM
Labels: My Blog
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!
- Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
- Share this on Reddit
- Add this to Google Bookmarks
- Tweet This!
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Mixx
- Buzz up!
- Submit this to DesignFloat
- Share this on Technorati
- Submit this to Script & Style
- Post this to MySpace
- Share this on FriendFeed
- Seed this on Newsvine