Saltimbanco Came to Town

Just a quick note to finally tell ya'll about Charlotte's second trip to see a Cirque du Soleil show.

If you'll remember, a posted a while back that we received some complimentary tickets, courtesy of Mom Select. I was grateful for the tickets, but bummed that Bruce couldn't come with us due to prior obligations in Alabama. But that was okay, because my mom got to come with us instead.

Because the show didn't start until 7:30 pm and Charlotte normally goes to bed at 6 pm, I put her down a little bit early and then woke her just before 7 so we would have time to drive to the Lakeland Center. It seemed to work until after the intermission.

For the first half of the show, she pretty much sat enthralled. Ocassionally, she would recognize something like a bicycle, balls, or dancing and gleefully share her enthusiasm with the rest of the audience. I know she entertained the people sitting behind us with all of her enthusiasm for the various acts.

Saltimbanco is a little different than a traditional, non-traveling Circue du Soleil show. It seemed to be more focused on the individual or small groups acts. And of course, the stage is a litle smaller since they perform in smaller venues.

My favorite act was the Boleadoras. It was amazing to me the skill that these two people had in beating their drums, feet, and "ball on a string" percussion instruments together to sound like one person. The other amazing act we saw was the Duo Trapeze. The strength these two women have in their ankles probably surpasses the strength in my entire body!

While, we had to leave part way into the second act because Charlotte was getting grumpy, we still enjoyed the show. I can say that, based on my previous Cirque du Soleil experience, I would have bought tickets for us to attend even if I hadn't received the complimentary ones. (But they would have been Friday night tickets instead.)

There are still several shows left, including in FL. If you want to take advantage of the special family discounts, the links are still up at my original Saltimbanco post for the remaining shows.

Let me know if you decide to go! I'd love to hear someone else's perspective on the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids