The Things I Do to be Green

  1. Use cloth napkins for meals and instead of paper towels.
  2. Dilute my dish soap to make it stretch farther and to add less sulfate to the water supply.
  3. Recycle used soda cans and try to just use 2-liters at home.
  4. Keep air conditioning set as high as my body will regularly tolerate (currently 76 degrees) and use fans to make up the difference.
  5. Purchase toys and clothing from resale shops.
  6. Gave up bottled water in favor of a reusable cup.
  7. Walk to the grocery store, drug store, and bank during day light hours instead of driving.
  8. Print my internet coupons on both sides of the paper.
  9. Drive a small car and my husband rides a motorcycle to conserve fuel.
  10. Live in a townhouse with a small footprint.
  11. Use electronic bill pay instead of paper checks and envelopes.
  12. Turn off electronic equipment at a central point to avoid phantom power drain.
Next week I will share with you the green things that I am not quite willing to do or am still on the fence in considering them.

What do you do to be green? Is there anything you think I should add to my list?

Comments

  1. Those all are great things! I am just starting this "green" adventure. Don't know if I have any other suggestions but I am looking forward to next week's list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a vegetable garden this summer? Plant a tree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another tip: FABKINS! Super cute cloth napkins for kids makes reusing kinda fun for the whole family! We use them for lunchboxes, picnics, on the go...wherever and whenever. Easy way to cut down on waste! www.fabkins.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait