New Chocolate Baby Doll

I recently bought Charlotte a new baby doll. She loves this baby doll and wants to have it with her when we leave the house. She even likes to pretend that the doll is drawing with crayons or she pretends to nurse her new baby doll. I think it is great that she is learning to parent the way I am.

What I wonder though is, what do other people think when they see her with her new baby doll? Sometimes I catch people giving us an odd look as we walk through the store. And I am sure if I still lived back in Frostproof, there would be people who wouldn't be afraid to tell me what they thought.

What I really wonder though, is where can I get an Asian and a Spanish/Latin looking doll for her? And no, I am no Angelina Jolie, I just want Charlotte to be surrounded by lots of color. If any of you know of a reliable source for ethnic dolls that are meant for toddlers, please let me know.

Comments

  1. Well they aren't baby dolls - but the other day I was checking out some Playmobil online and noticed that they have Asian, African-American and I think one other (besides 'white') - families for the dollhouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that Toys-R-Us and Target sell the Baby Alive doll in caucasian, hispanic, and african american. I'm sure you could always find other ethnicities online or on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a black baby? I thought when you told me you wanted Charlotte to be exposed to diversity you were taking about bald people!
    Love Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Girl has great babies. Expensive, but totally worth what you pay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edi - I'll look into that. Thanks for reminding me I don't have to just stick with dolls and characters in books.

    Michelle - Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait