Sunday, January 11, 2009

Favorite Part of my Day

It used to be that the favorite part of my day (click link to see video) was coming up the stairs after bath time to a Charlotte that was super excited to see her momma. Now, she gets happy, but it isn't the same.

Recently, I've discovered a new favorite moment. It is when I lay Charlotte back in her crib after nursing her at night. I know I should just be tired and wish I didn't have to get up with her again, but...

When Charlotte snuggles into me and then I feel her body go limp in my arms, I look down into her face (which is perfectly angelic when asleep), I can't help but melt into a big puddle. I literally have to fight off the urge to cry at least once a night.

I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones or the knowledge that she is growing up and just won't need me in the same ways much longer. Whatever it is, I wish I could bottle it up.

But don't offer to buy it, it's not for sale. :)

1 comment:

  1. You've been nominated for the Lemonade Award.
    http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/2009/01/lemonade-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.