Announcing a New Blog

I've been sitting on this announcement for a while because I wanted to make sure there was enough content to make it worth your while, but I think we are ready now. Drumroll please....

Bruce and I (mostly Bruce) have started a new blog called Living a Wartime Lifestyle. Inspired by John Piper's book, Desiring God, we want to explore with our friends and readers what it means to live in a way that gives God all of the glory. If you aren't familiar with what we mean by "wartime lifestyle," then click over to watch a short video.

Bruce shared the following in the introduction,

Christians, Piper explained, should live with a focus on using their resources to win the spiritual war; we should live to fund missions; we should live to fight poverty; we should live to maximize the glory of God and our enjoyment of him forever.

My hope for this blog is that Christians who desire to live wartime lifestyles can share their ideas, theologies, encouragements and struggles. I know it's not always (ever?) easy for me to live a wartime lifestyle. But, I think it might be easier if I had a fellowship of believers who were in it with me.
There are already several posts that begin the discussion and we hope you will come over and join us. We would particularly encourage you to visit these posts on choosing a house, choosing transportation, and aesthetics during wartime.

Comments

  1. Good for Bruce. Very brave. - John

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful--how fun to have a collaborative project like this. Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait