Night 182 - No Cry Sleep Solution

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Charlotte slept for 10 straight hours last night. No, that isn't a type, I mean to put the 1 in front of the 0 to make the number ten. I could hardly believe it myself, but it is true.

I loved being able to sleep from about 10:30 pm until 5:30 am. That is more continuous sleep than ever in the last ~15 months. I hope this continues for a long, long time.

Right now, she nurses right before going to sleep and then again in the early morning (between 4-5 am). My plan, once she sleeps really well for an entire week, is to switch her bedtime nursing session to before bath time. I'd really love for her to be able to go to sleep without nursing. Then, Bruce and I could go out in the evening more often and leave her with her grandparents. (I'm not ready for a random babysitter yet. And why should I, when G-ma loves to spend time with Charlotte?)

So.... I am one happy, and very well-rested momma today. I may even be back with a new video blog soon and I have more than 100 photos from yesterday's play date with Cayman to sort through. Here's one as a teaser for what is to come:

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I remember the many sleepless nights and how wonderful it was once they were sleeping through the night. Thankfully I didn't have to wait 15 months...don't think I could have handled that ;)

    A bath before bed seemed to work for my kids - to get them settled down and associate it with sleepy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!! I can feel your happiness!

    We're still not there, but the sleeping periods are lasting longer every night. Asleep at 8 last night, one wakeup around 1, and then sleep again until 5:30, and then sleep again until almost 8 a.m. That is major progress here!

    I'm also trying to figure out how to cut out that bedtime feeding. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids