We Made It

I am very please to announce that Charlotte and I made through our first 6 months of breastfeeding! We followed the advice of all the medical professionals knowledgable in the subject and the advice in my heart and made it! I am so happy knowing that I did what was best for Charlotte and also that I can continue to do it even though I have to work outside of the home right now.

As some of you know, I've had to pump at work so Charlotte can have momma's milk at daycare. My employer, Frostproof Middle School, has been great in accomodating me. They made sure I had planning periods scheduled so I could pump and no one has looked at me cross-eyed once! I even had a meeting a couple of weeks ago with another staff member while I pumped at my desk. In case you are wondering why the milk in the bottle is gold, "it's colored gold as a reminder that mother's milk is like liquid gold." And anyone who has ever spilled or spoiled a bottle of pumped milk knows that is the truth!

I have been very blessed that we experienced only minor issues along our breastfeeding journey. I am an avid reader of the forums over at KellyMom.com and know that there are many things that could go wrong. Through this experience, I've learned there is nothing more valuable than a strong support system to continue on in breastfeeding. To that end, I'd like to publicly thank my husband, family, and anyone else who has not been freaked out to see me nurse in public, or in their homes. I appreciate that no one (at least to my face) questioned my decision to do this for Charlotte. I feel it is one of the best gifts I could give her - me. It has been amazing to watch her grow and know that God designed the milk from my body to give her just the right kind of nourishment for the first year of her life. He is awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids