Campus Crusade for Christ

One thing we hope to instill in Charlotte is a passion for mission work. To this end, we have set up an account for her to save money for her first mission trip. We also hope to give her a lot of exposure to real, live missionaries so that she knows they are normal people just like the rest of us sinners. Another way we hope to help her discover a passion for missions is by being faithful to give to missionaries and to help support their work.


While visiting Serbia in 2003, I made a friend named Ionel (pronounced Your-nel, pictured left). He has worked amoung the Serbian people for several years now and has a deep desire to see them come into relationship with Jesus Christ. A little over a month ago, he sent us the following letter and gave me permission to share it with you.


Dear Friends,

In the beginning of September I was on my way to Serbia for another year of ministry among college students in Belgrade.
We had a great ministry start! We've begun distributing 6700 copies of "VOX" our student magazine and we've got 122 surveys with contact information. Marko, the first student I've met with got involved in the discipleship process. I agreed with him to meet every week for two ours to talk about basics things in life with Jesus. It was for the first time in my seven years of ministry in Serbia when I met a student and the very next week he get involved in discipleship! In the beginning of ministry we had to wait mounts socializing with students only to be able to share the Gospel, and now it took only one week for Marko to get involved in discipleship! that's amazing! Praise the Lord!

As you know in beginning of November I had to return in Romania because of health problems. By god's grace I'm healthy and safe, now. Thank you for your prayers! I appreciate it very much! However, since then you've never received from me any news about Marko or ministry in Serbia. the fact is that I'm still in Romania, I wasn't able to return in ministry because of financial difficulties. My monthly support is with 600$ less that the expenses to live and do ministry in Belgrade. To be able to return in Serbia and to stay there till the end of university year I need more $5800.

I would like to invite you to partnership with me in the ministry in Serbia. Would you prayerfully consider giving a special gift to help provide this extra $7000 that I need? This will help me to return in Serbia to continue discipling Marko and the ministry among college students in Belgrade.

If God leads you to give, please make your check payable to Campus Crusade for Christ and send it to:
CAMPUS CRUSADE FOR CHRIST INTERNATIONAL
P O BOX 628222
ORLANDO FL 32862-9841
And please specify: “for Vlasceanu Ionel, account no. 2430335.”
For on line donations, click here.

Thank you for taking time to read my invitation!
God bless you!
Love in Christ,
Ionel Vlasceanu



If you feel led, please join us in praying for and supporting Ionel. Leave a comment and let us know if you decide to support Ionel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids