Grandparents Have a Voice Too!

Hahaha... I crack myself up. Because I only mean that title in theory, or quite literally, depending on how you want to take it. You see, in my family, the grandparents don't really get much of a say about anything. I even send them a list of approved birthday presents.

But I did find something online that will help them feel more connected with their granddaughters. It is called "Your Voice" from Grandparents.com. It came at a good time too because my dad decided that Charlotte, at 2 years old, was now old enough to receive phone calls, without Mommy to translate or assist. And that hasn't quite worked out... Charlotte is still too interested in the buttons on the phone. Oh, and good timing because Grandparent's Day is coming up on September 13.

But, I told my dad about Your Voice and in less than 2 hours, he had already logged into Grandparents.com and created a spoken message for his first granddaughter. Then of course, he had to text me to make sure I knew it was there so his precious granddaughter wouldn't have to wait too long to hear her Grumpy's voice!

When we listened to it after her nap (can't let the grandparents dictate everything!), Charlotte was delighted to hear Grumpy on the computer. And I was super-duper impressed with the sound quality. It was extremely clear and we had no trouble understanding him, even though he was calling from a cell phone inside a big truck.

After listening to it, I wanted to know more about the process, so Charlotte and I recorded our own message for Grumpy. The instructions appeared on the screen at the end of our listening and all we had to do was dial a number (it was long-distance), enter a pin, and then start recording. Grumpy received an email within 30 minutes alerting him to his new message.

This would be a great way for grandparents (or anyone) to read stories to their grandchildren who live far away. Especially since the recordings can be downloaded as an .mp3 and saved forever. You can take these with you on your iPod or other music player.

Let me know if you give this a try... I'd love to hear stories about how Your Voice helps you stay connected with your family.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Grandparents.com. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.

Comments

  1. We use skype to see and hear our families voices!!! We are so blessed to be missionaries with all of the modern technology.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids