Charlotte's First Time on a Fire Truck

We were surprised at the local children's museum this morning when our normal, Monday morning story time was replaced by a career event involving a demonstration by the Lakeland Fire Department.

Charlotte was able to see a fireman in full protective gear up close and personal. It hadn't occured to me before, but it is a really great idea for children to have some exposure to what a fireman looks like with all 48 pounds of gear and an air tank strapped on. Imagine being a small child, scared by a fire, only to see a monster-type creature coming at you through the smoke!

After the gear demonstration, the fire fighters let the children hang out on the fire engine for a few minutes. Charlotte wasn't shy about checking it out at all and I could see the awe factor in her eyes as she sat in the Lieutenant's seat in the front of the fire engine.



Then, when she climbed into the back seat, she just sat there and soaked it all in. I don't know if being a fire fighter will ever be a career goal of hers, but she looked cute in the fire engine anyway!


 

(Cell phone pictures... I was unprepared for such a cool experience on a Monday morning.)

Comments

  1. How fun!! I know my kids would love that opportunity... hopefully next summer when we are in the US!! :)
    Too cute! Hey - quit leaving home without your camera! It's not like you have anything else to carry?!!!
    I actually got a camera bag that I can use to keep my camera safe AND has room for kids stuff as well.
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait