What Should I Do With Sewing Scraps

After my quick success sewing up a few skirts for myself last week, I decided to tackle a small project for Charlotte using my sewing scraps. I sincerely had no idea what I would end up making her when I started. A dress? A skirt like mine? A summer shirt? I just started throwing some pieces together, trimming them, and adding a couple more pieces until I liked it. I added some eyelit to dress it up a little too.

Fortunately, I had a willing model and these photos are the result.


 
  
 This dress is so far from perfect it is funny. I can't even begin to list all the mistakes and problems with it. Overall though, I like the concept and will try it again with far better execution. What do you think? What do you do with your sewing scraps?

Comments

  1. ohmygoodness! It's so cute...it looks like a shirt and I am seriously impressed. I wonder if I can even remember how to sew. I am going to attempt to make curtains for my little window shutters in the kitchen area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I usually use my scraps to make cloth balls/cubes for the baby to play with OR save them for a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your model is what makes the dress work. (i may be biased) i like the last photo best. Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cute! Se has a one-of-a-kind top made by Mommy. My Mother makes quilts and a friend makes fabric baskets from scrap material. I'm not creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut UP! That is the cutest little shirt ever and one of the cutest models ever too! you are so creative!!! great job jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, creative. Great colors. And, mostly, what a beautiful child!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids