Speaking of Gymnastics

I finally had an opportunity to take Charlotte back to Gym Etc, the local gymnastics studio with open hours. Another little friend had come with us so I was busy splitting my time between him and Charlotte, when I turned around to see this...

 
All on her own, Charlotte had climbed up on the yellow block (not really that spectacular, she can climb up onto most anything these days), reached up for the lower of the uneven bars, and started swinging. I think her face shows the obvious joy she felt at teaching herself this new trick.
She came down after swinging a few times and had such a silly grin on her face. She signed "swing" and said "weeeeee..." and got right back up to do it again. It was so much fun to watch her go back and back to keep swinging like a little gym monkey.
A little bit later, I had to confront the fact that we might have a future gymnast on our hands. We were in the balance bean section, and again, I was helping our friend do something, when I turned around to see her walking along the balance beam, unassisted.
 
She had climbed up onto it herself and made it about 3/4 of the way down the beam before getting a bit wobbly. Charlotte reached up to steady herself on my hand, then let go and walked the rest of the way down the beam!
Had I not see it with my own eyes, I am not sure I would have believed it!

Comments

  1. Wow! She is catching on pretty quick. That is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budding gymnast! Or a little monkey?

    Tumbling classes start at 2 years here at the YMCA, so if we're still here (which seems likely), I want to get Esme enrolled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is this gym? do they have a website? justus is such a monkey / dare devil... i would love to get him involved with something like this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids