Months 4 & 5

Months 4 & 5 definitely left me no longer able to wear my regular, pre-pregnancy clothes. But that's okay, I have gotten together a nice little maternity wardrobe. Special thanks have to go to my mom of course, who helped shop for and buy most of it. I don't think I've spent 2 1/2 hours in a dressing room ever in my entire life. I probably tried on almost everything in the Motherhood Maternity store possible.

My favorite part of this phase of being pregnant is feeling Baby Sabin move. It really started about 3 weeks ago, while I was on Spring Break. The first time I know for certain that Baby Sabin wiggled around so I can feel it, I was laying down on my stomach (I can't do that anymore!) and it felt like popcorn popping in my belly for about 30 seconds. It was so cool. Now, I know that Baby Sabin knows when I eat, becaues about 15 minutes later he or she is giving me friendly jabs and kicks.

It is not quite wwhere Bruce can feel it yet, but I can't wait for that day. He is excited about the baby, but I know if he could feel it then this all would become more real to him.

Sometimes, I just wonder, how is it that I have a living human being inside of me? Whenever I feel Baby Sabin, I get a little smile on my face and am amazed at the miracle going on in my belly. Sometimes we call Baby Sabin our little alien because it still just seems so odd how this gift of life works. I often think of Psalm 139:14, which says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." It reminds me that my baby is God's. What an awesome responsibility he has given Bruce and I!

Tomorrow I will be 23 weeks pregnant and have a 2nd ultrasound. Until I post the photo from the ultrasound, you can go to BabyCenter to learn about how Baby Sabin is developing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids