First Post

Oh my... I've wanted to try and get into keeping a journal of my pregnancy for a few months now. However, I've just been too busy to take the time to sit down and figure out the best way to do this. I have a few blogs that I enjoy reading on a regular basis and I hope to emulate them, but with my own twist.

I've been fairly occupied since January with working with the Cadet Colorguard at the school where I teach. It was so much fun working with all of the girls and well, re-living my own youth, in a way. Having a flah and a rifle in my hand brought back a lot of happy memories. The time committment was a few afternoons a week and several weekend competitions. Now though, guard season is over, summer is almost upon us, and I only have 17 weeks left of being pregnant. So it is time to get down to business, the blogging business that is!

As of next Monday, April 16, I will be 23 weeks pregnant. I'll try to play catch up and tell you about my experiences so far.

Month 1 - Bruce and I decided last November that it was time to bring some new life into this world. Since I had been anticipating this moment, I knew what day would be the earliest I could get a positive pregnancy result if I was indeed pregnant. You better believe I tested first thing that morning! Even though I was really sick that day and wasn't well enough to go to school, I was not in a bad mood when the plus sign appeared on the short, white stick. It was kind of nice having the secret for the entire 30 seconds it took me to go tell Bruce.

The biggest decision at this point was how are we going to tell our family? I wanted to tell them in a way that would be memorable and meaningful. We finally settled on using Christmas gifts as the secret-bearer. Bruce and I worked hard designing an iron-on transfer for each grandparent that would be applied to a onesie. They basically said, "I love Grandma," with a heart in place of the word love. This was the last gift that we gave each grandparent. It was a huge success. I'll write more later to give you the details of how it went down!

Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids