Months 2 & 3

Once we got through the Christmas season, we still wanted to wait until the appropriate time to share our news with friends. In the meantime, I had my first ultrasound at 10 weeks. Here is the very first picture of Baby Sabin:
10 Weeks Ultrasound

About the time we were ready to announce the growth of our family, another couple in our Life Group class (that would be adult Sunday School at our church) announced that they were expecting a baby of their own - and her due date was only 1 week later than mine. We decided to wait a week or so after that so she might get all the attention an expecting mom wants. I didn't want to "steal her thunder" so to speak.

It is funny though, how many people we forgot to tell. I guess I assumed that if we e-mailed the Life Group that meant everyone in the church would know. Just a week ago I had someone come up to me at church and tell me she had just heard the news. And yet another friend was due yesterday but I had forgotten to tell her. I assume that since I am in a small town that the local rumor mill will take care of spreading my news. This just proves that I'm not important enough to be gossiped about; poor me. :-)

As far as the baby's progress during this time... Baby Sabin was growing quickly. Here is what I read about the baby at the end of 12 weeks: Your baby has hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. This week, her face looks practically human. Her eyes have moved closer together, and her ears are right where they should be. [Note: We don't know the gender, so don't get all excited about the 'her' part above, that is just how it was on-line.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids