24 weeks down... 16 to go

Well, here I am. 16 weeks left of being pregnant. I am very used to feeling Baby Sabin move now. If I haven't mentioned it before, Baby Sabin is most active about 15 minutes after I've eaten and as I lay in bed at night trying to fall asleep. I usually don't feel Baby Sabin in the morning before I get out of bed. Maybe just once if I lay there long enough. Of course, if you know me, you know I am not a morning person at all. I am hoping to have Baby Sabin pick up that trait as well. It will make all sorts of things easier as he or she grows up.

I read a list called "5 most disappointing pregnancy products" this morning. It included things like a home heart-rate monitor and maternity underwear. Early on, I thought about getting a heart-rate monitor myself. Mostly because it was a little nerve-racking to be in the doctor's office and holding my breath waiting to make sure the baby still had a heart beat. Now though, as I can track the baby's progress via all of the kicking going on, I don't feel so nervous about it. And I won't even go into the maternity underwear discussion... can you say parachute?!

Now, an update on Baby Sabin's growth. You can see an interactive picture and here is a description from BabyCenter.com: "Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when she was just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, that makes a pretty lean figure, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, her brain is growing rapidly, and her taste buds are developing. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance that helps the air sacs inflate easily."

Comments

  1. Clearly, Baby Sabin is taking after me. After all, the baby's "brain is growing rapidly."

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids