I Am A Mom

I. Am. A. Mom.

What does being a mom mean? On the surface, being a mom means...

  • I discuss poop way more than I ever thought I would..
  • I don't usually have time to read the news.
  • Sometimes I stay in my pajamas until just before my husband comes home.
  • My knees have callouses from playing on the floor so much.
  • I know the Veggie Tales theme song by heart.
  • Lunch often consists of leftovers off my children's plates.
  • I don't shower as often as I'd like.
  • I can give you the pros and cons about all the area parks, but I can't tell you the difference between Rick Perry, Mitt Romney, or Herman Cain.
Looking deeper, being a mom means...
  • I get to mold a life, or two.
  • Someone is always watching me, and learning from what they see.
  • Loneliness is not a stranger.
  • It can be hard to take conversations past the surface level when little ones are running around.
  • My heart walks around outside my body every day.
  • My own health often gets put lower on the priority list.
  • The joy of an innocent kiss is magnified as my children become older and I see them moving out of the snuggly bunny phase.
  • My own expectations for myself are higher than ever before, because of those lives I get to mold.
  • I rarely meet my own expectations.
Would I exchange being a mom so that I had more time to spend on myself?

Do I regret birthing two beautiful daughters who physically changed my body forever?

Is it more important for me to understand the front-runners in primary races than it is to understand the specific nap-time routine that helps a toddler fall asleep and not turn into Ms. Cranky-Pants later?

I can answer all of these questions with a resounding no. Because...

I. Am. A. Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait