Fashion Friday

Inspired by some blogging friends, I've been trying to bust out of my jeans/capris and t-shirt/blouse routine. And since I'm always texting or calling them to ask if something works, I though I might give them a bit of a break and ask all of you. My idea is to post a couple of what I think are my fashionable outfits each week and let you politely and constructively chime in with your thoughts.

This week, I have only one picture. It is the outfit I wore yesterday. I like this outfit because it includes a skirt, which I really do prefer wearing. I also like the accessories because I know how boring this outfit was before I added them.

Skirt - Kohl's clearance, Shirt - Local Consignment Shop, Belt & Necklace - Lighthouse Thrift Store, Bracelet - Accessory Swap, Hair Flower - 31 
I picked up several belts at the Lighthouse Thrift Store this week and this one is my favorite. Not only did it only cost $0.70, it is brand new and genuine leather with a chocolate brown snake print.

I did try tucking in the shirt, but the waist of this particular skirt didn't really work with this shirt.

So, let me know what you think of my first outfit.
I'll be sure to take better pictures this coming week!

Oh, and if you'd like some fashionable people to follow here are my current recommendations:

  • PennyChic.com - I may not always like shopping at Wal-Mart, but she still does a great job of putting together an outfit for less.
  • An Old Story - I met Hannah through the PennyChic site and loved her blog immediately. She really made me want to blog my own outfits.
  • Workin' It - Cathy is, hands down, the most fashionable of all the people I know in real life. She even co-writes True Style, a column for Lakeland Local, a hyperlocal news site.
  • The Acting Mom - This is the blog of one hot momma! She is a normal, every day mom like me yet she manages to look styled every time I see her.


Comments

  1. I personally love green and pearls and brown belts, so I love this outfit on you! Great choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. Congrats on putting together an awesome outfit. I'm jealous of your jacket though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karissa! Your confirmation means a lot.

    @Joy - I just realized that the only thing I paid full price for was the flower in my hair. And it was only $4. Your feedback is appreciated too. And I just realized you still have my kindle, coffee, bread picture from Starbucks on your profile. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! You are way too sweet. It's a little surreal for me to know that my blog has inspired someone, even if it's just in small way!

    I'm so excited to see that you're a bargain hunter like me! 70 cent is such a good price for a belt. My local thrift shop I'm at a lot - the belts are $1.25. I always feel like it's highway robbery. haha

    I will definitely be checking our your blog more frequently. I'm so glad I met you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great - and I'm inspired to wear something that isn't 100% cotton. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hannah - That is highway robbery! lol I love the thrill of the find plus, I'm a SAHM with a teacher husband. Thrifting is an important part of our shopping experience around here.

    @Jenn - That's so funny because, other than my accessories, everything I'm wearing is 100% cotton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for telling people about my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Giveaway: Yoplait Delights Parfait