More Weight Loss Backstory

I don't think I ever really intended to use my blog as a place to seek weight loss motivation, but ultimately, what I need is accountability. And I have some great readers that I know will encourage me and follow up with me as I am trying to lose weight in 2010.

A little more about my weight loss in 2006...

I was very successful on Weight Watchers because of the weekly accountability and encouragement it provided. My leader was AWESOME and REAL and we still keep in touch until this day. Through Weight Watchers, I lost nearly 60 pounds in 11 months. That was about 5.5 pounds per month, which is a very healthy rate of weight loss.

My exercise routine consisted of daily walking Monday - Friday plus several sessions with a personal trainer. My trainer pushed me harder than I would have pushed myself and wouldn't let me get away with saying no to something. I sweat like a pig when we worked out together and wouldn't trade that experience for anything. It was money well spent.

When I walked, I listened to some Curves CDs I had. These were great because they kept me on pace as I tried to match my steps to the tempo of the music.

Eventually, in August of 2006, my friend Angela and I decided to train for the Disney Half-Marathon, the following January. We worked through the C25K program by running each day after school, about 2:30 pm. It was blazing hot, but we were committed. It helped that Angela had run track and cross country in high school and had previous experience coaching these sports as well.

I was in the best shape of my adult life as we approached the 2006 holiday season. Things were looking so good as a matter of fact, that Bruce and I decided we were ready to expand our family. We got pregnant with Charlotte that November.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids