Today I am 40 Weeks Pregnant

I wasn't able to say that last time I got pregnant. Charlotte came 5 days early. But not Babin. She seems very happy to hang out in my uterus a little while longer. So far, there are no signs of labor. And I am okay with that.

I understand how much easier it is to take care of her while she is inside of me. There are no diapers, midnight feedings, or swaddling blankets to untangle right now. But soon all of that will change. It is hard, if not impossible, for me to imagine what life will be like with 2 children. I just can't get my brain around it right now.

I promise that there will be a blog post just as soon as I either go into labor, or have the baby. I'm not sure how the timing will all work out yet since Bruce is working and my mom is going to be 2 hours away most likely when I finally need to call my midwife.

But, I'll be asking for your prayers when it comes time for labor... I am planning a water birth to ease the pain and will be again using some hypnotherapy to control the pain. And I will also be meditating on John 16.21.
A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. John 16.21

Comments

  1. You made it! May the Lord give you a good labor/delivery and a healthy baby!! I always figure that if the outcome is a healthy baby and a healthy mom it doesn't matter if all the details don't go quite as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already praying for you...can't wait to hear the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know i have great confidence in your water birth, but i'll just wish you luck again.

    let each contraction give you feelings of happiness for this new little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, we are praying for a perfect delivery. Rest now all you can sweet girl, while you can. Nap when Charlotte naps. Trust me, I know.
    I love you all.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with L&D! can't wait to see Babin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to hear the good news! Keep us posted, we will be waiting...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids