My Mom's Scrapbook - Part 7

High school was fun, right? Well, parts of it were at least. And Reflections was one of the parts I liked, mostly. It's like any other time you try to get a bunch of girls together... there is bound to be some drama!

In 8th grade, I knew I had to follow in my Aunt Kim's footsteps and join the color guard. It was fascinating to see all those girls twirling, spinning, and throwing flags and rifles in the air with such precision and grace. So, I audtioned, in the world's most awful blue leotard and silver leggings (thanks Mom!). Fortunately, the sponsor and captains looked past my abysmal attire and saw some talent, so they let me in! Thanks Mrs. McKinney!

The picture at the bottom is from my Junior year, when I had the privilege to be captain. That was the toughest year for me. We had an awful Winter Guard routine with even more awful costumes (imagine dressing up like the plant from Little Shop of Horrors!).


The cool thing about that year though, is that every member of the team auditioned for and received an invitation to perform at the Citrus Bowl on New Year's Day. If anyone reading this remembers me from those years, I sure hope you will email me any photos you have of those years.

How many of you have pictures of your goofy self at your Sweet 16 party??? I do! And I'll show them to you next week, embarassing bangs and all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids