Before You Vote, Read These Posts

I don't get political very often, since I always seem to offend someone who reads this blog. So, this time, I'm just going to share several links that I think are worthy of reading and considering before you cast your vote. This is not an exhaustive list of what I've read and been informed by during this election cycle, but, in my opinion, these are some of the most important links. And lest there be any confusion about who will be getting my vote for president...



Voting the Issue
Joseph is a Single-Issue Voter, Denny Burk - This might help some understand why abortion is the single-most important issue facing some voters, including me.
Abortion is About God, John Piper - "Abortion is an assault on the person-forming work of God. Children are a gift from God. To reject them through abortion is to reject him."
Correspondence on Voting and Abortion, Josh Harris - One pastor explains his church's position on abortion. Even though they ignore 3rd party candidates such as Bob Barr, the logic is good.

Women in Politics
A Woman's Highest Calling, Amy Scott - Helped me rethink the calling of women, without condoning Palin's choices.
The Questions Swirling around Sarah Palin, Carolyn Mahaney - She explains the complementarian view of the sexes and how it is that we came to expect women to work.

Voting Christians
John Frame on Christians and Political Choices , Josh Harris - "Each of us should have a large amount of tolerance for other Christians who come to conclusions that are different from ours. Rarely will one issue trump all others, though I must say that I will never vote for a candidate who advocates or facilitates the killing of unborn children."

George Will Interviews - From May, which seems life an eon ago in this campaign, but still valuable
Questions for Obama, George Will
Questions for McCain, George Will

Comments

  1. Neither of the candidates from the two major parties are my first choice...not even my 2nd choice. But how I figure it is I'd rather vote for the lesser of two evils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also voted the lesser of two evils... and one of the biggest deciding factors was Obama's condoning the suffering of survivors of abortion... not human rights for them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids