Night 31 - No Cry Sleep Solution

It is hard to believe that I have been working on our sleep issues for a solid month. Apart from the fact that I really miss sleeping in my bedroom, we are actually making progress. Now that Charlotte has finally cut her top 2 teeth, she is much less fussy and needy at night. We have also stopped our nightly doses of baby Tylenol.

Our typical night now has Charlotte nursing to sleep around 8 pm and then staying asleep until 11 pm. From there, she is pretty consistent with her 2 am and 4 am wakings. One of the hardest parts for me is that when she falls back asleep after her 4 am waking, I have to wake her up by 6 am in order to get her dressed and nursed before we go to school. I know her sleep would be better overall if I didn't have to interrupt it so much.

There is something I am getting better at though. I am not getting her at her first cries because she really does cry and fuss in her sleep. And if she persists and doesn't seem to be going back to sleep, I try to comfort her without picking her up first. It seems to be working. Though last night, when I went to her she was sitting up and terribly confused. She couldn't figure out how to get back down.

Apparently, Bruce thinks Charlotte and I look cute when she is sleeping across my belly. So, he took this picture on the right the other morning. I am purposely keeping it small so you can't zoom in on my middle of the night face. If I knew he was coming, I'd have put some make-up on. Just kidding... it is really my thighs I don't want you to see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids