12 Days of Christmas

I am sure most everyone has seen this by now, but it is too great to not share with the last few who haven't. Plus, I want to be able to find it again for myself, so why not archive it in my blog?



My family and I are celebrating the birth of Jesus today by going to a candlelight service tonight and having a birthday party for Jesus. I am baking an angel food cake (devil's chocolate cake just didn't seem right!) right now. We'll get to enjoy it along with a reading of the Christmas story later tonight. I can't wait!

Tomorrow, we will celebrate the secular holiday with gift-giving to one another and the reading of The Legend of St. Nicholas. It tells the story of the real St. Nick in a way that children can relate to. I know Charlotte isn't old enough to appreciate the story just yet, but we want to begin our family's Christmas traditions this year so they become second nature in years to come. Additionally, we really want to make the focus more on the birthday of Jesus and the giving of gifts.

Disclaimer: I know Jesus wasn't born on December 25, or 24 for that matter. However, because the miracle of his birth is so important, I think it is wise to take at least 1 day out of the year to celebrate God becoming man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids