Exersaucer

Charlotte has a new toy that I put together last week. It is an Evenflo Exersaucer. I think it took about 45 minutes to assemble, but so far it seems way worth it! There are lots of little doo-dads for her to play with.

The video below is of the 2nd or 3rd time we put her in the saucer. She's pretty good at navigating around the circle. Her seat can spin if she moves her feet enough. We can lock it if we need to, but so far have let her experience the circular movement as much as she wants. Charlotte's tiny little feet just barely reach the saucer disk on the bottom, but it is just enough for her to work on strengthening her leg muscles and spin herself around. I'll try to get some pictures of her cute little toes reaching for bottom. For now though, enjoy this video!


Here's a picture to hold you over in case you don't have time to watch the video right now.

The 45-minute assembly was fairly frustrating, especially because I tried to do it without reading the directions. :) Normally, that isn't how I do things, but for some reason my baby brain was in charge when I put it together. There was only one time I had to ask for help from my husband, who got all of the upper-body strength in this relationship. He needed to push down on the super springs underneath those yellow caps so the exersaucer would bounce.
I like that Charlotte has a variety of toys, textures, and colors to play with. I also like that I can move the toys around (except for the book and the rolling rattle) to give her some variety and change.
EDIT: We took this with us on our one week vacation to Hilton Head in December 2007. The exersaucer easily folded down and since the toys are removable, we did not have much trouble fitting it into the car. Remember though, I drive a Ford Focus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids