Christmas Decorations

I finally had a chance today to put up some Christmas decorations. I hadn't really planned on putting any up since we won't actually be here on Christmas day, but I changed my mind... clearly. :-)

This is my nativity set. It was a gift from my parents several years ago. They knew how much I admired a similar one my mom had so they got me my own. Hopefully I will have it for a long time and be able to pass it on to one of my children. There are 2 angels that go with the set but I don't have room on top of my entertainment center for them too. Yes, it is a pretty large set. It takes up 3 large boxes! I love nativities and have a few around the house. I'll try to take more pictures to share with you in the next week or so. I am also missing a box of nativities (I had several) and hopefully I will find them soon!


Here is Charlotte's first Christmas ornament. It is, of course, a Hallmark ornament. They make the best ones, don't they? Since I am not putting up a tree this year I decided to pick 3 of our favorite ornaments and place them on the stocking hangers with the stockings. Around the base of Charlotte's ornament it says, "'It must be delightful,' said Pooh, 'to be so brand-new.'" You can kind of make out my ladybug in the background.


And finally, here is a picture of our menorrah. I know, we aren't Jewish, but I think the story of how God blessed the Jews and the reason behind the Hannakkuh celebration is beautiful. We bought this one at Bombay Company several years ago. And yes, I know, this isn't a Christmas decoration. But the 7th day of Hannakkuh just started when the sun went down today so it is timely.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to share mine, only I can't seem to find my camera! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids