We Survived

Today was my first full day back at work and I managed to make it through until 3:15 when I got to see my dear, precious Charlotte again. Honestly though, it was tougher than I expected. I had done fairly well the first half of the week when Charlotte was at the day care for half-days so I thought today would be just as easy... but it wasn't.

The morning at home went great. I even ended up with an extra 10 minutes to play with her (over and above the 10 minutes I had already budgeted for morning play). However, once we got to the day care it started going down hill. I arrived about 5 minutes before their official open time (6:30 am) and no one was there. No big deal. Maybe Janet is running behind. Well, she wasn't. The person who was opening for her was though. It was probably 6:35 before she showed up and by then I had had enough time to start to really think about leaving my baby girl. When I realized that Janet wasn't coming in today it kind of pushed me over and the tears started coming. Not crying buckets, sobbing so my whole body shakes kind of tears, just watery eyes that kept spilling over onto Charlotte's outfit kind of tears. Eventually though, I tucked her into the bouncy seat and headed out to work.

I decided to show my students some pictures of Charlotte that showed how she had grown over the last 11 weeks (yep, she's 11 weeks old already!) and a slide show to go over my classroom rules again. I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page expectation wise. We took some fun personality tests... you know, like the kind you get in forwards that ask you to describe a body of water as you walk through the woods... completely in fun of course. Then, after taking 4 of them, I let my students write their own. I can't wait to find out what it really means if I want a red shirt from Aeropostale!

I am proud of myself for not breaking down in class and even prouder of myself that I was able to pump enough breastmilk today for Charlotte to have tomorrow at day care. It took some extra effort on my part, but it was worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids