Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Difference A Belt Makes

For years, I thought that I couldn't wear belts. My perception of the plus-size figure caused me to shy away from anything that came close to nipping me in or being close to the skin. Then I started noticing Shauna's blog, Penny Chic. She had a plus size model or two and they rocked the belts. It was amazing how they could pull it off.

So, I started experimenting with the very small collection of belts in my closet. And I realized that they actually really work for my figured. It really helped when Penny Chic offered a Just My Size belt giveaway. I won and the belt arrived yesterday.

With my new belt in hand, I dragged my husband outside to take some pictures so I could show you how the belt changes the way I look. (Plus, you get a sneak peak at my October Dress Project outfit for day 3!)


See what I mean? The picture on the left makes me look a bit frumpy. And the middle picture is definitely an improvement. But the last picture... that's the winner! In my opinion, the whole outfit looks more put together.

I also love how this particular belt has a bit of pop to it because of the animal print pattern. There are a couple of other ones I'd love to get my hands on, but JMS is only offering these belts in select markets (and I do not live in one of them).

Tell me, what did you think of the transformation this outfit went through all because of a belt?

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Belts are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right the third look is the best. Cute outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.