Cool New App Helps Sprint Customers Find Misplaced Phones

This post brought to you by Sprint. All opinions are 100% mine.

Confession time. When I leave my smart phone at home, I feel naked. My friends know that I ALWAYS have my phone with me. One friend who sends me last minute emails always writes, "I know you'll get this because your phone is always with you." And it's true. I don't even like going to the grocery store 1/2 mile from my house without my phone. Maybe I've got issues, maybe not. That isn't the point of this post.

I have a Blackberry on the Sprint network and they have made a protection app available to all of their Blackberry, Android, and select feature phones that helps you retrieve your phone if it is lost. You can even lock or wipe the phone clean from a Sprint Website. And if you don't already have an app to do this, you can also sync your contacts in case you ever lose your phone.

The app is only available for free until August 30th. After that, only users who download and enroll in the Sprint Total Equipment Protection App (for $8/month) will be able to download it. The plusses of enrolling include insurance for your phone that even includes replacement when your phone decides to go swimming.

HTCEVOSHIFT_GCVS_settings menu.jpg (5 documents)
I'll be fine with the free app that I downloaded this week. One of my favorite features is the ability to make my phone sound an alarm (via the website) when I've misplaced it. And that happens at lot at home. Since we don't have a home phone I have no way to ring it, or I have to ask a friend via Facebook or Twitter. This will be much more convenient.

If you think this app would be helpful to you, make sure you download & install it by August 30th. After that, it will only be available to paying customer. 

And how addicted are you to your phone? I can't be the only one with such an  obsession!

Visit Sponsor's Site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids