Choosing Documentaries

I'll admit it. I'm kind of a geek in that I like to watch documentaries. My favorite so far this year has been Helvetica, a documentary devoted to the famous font. It really was quite fascinating. Trust me.

I was searching for Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead based on the recommendation of a couple of friends who had seen in and within 2 minutes, I'd added 13 documentaries to my Netflix instant streaming queue. It is almost certain that I won't agree with the perspective of all of the film makers, but it will be interesting to compare all the different viewpoints and perspectives.

So, here is a list of the documentaries I've added. There is a definite theme here and you'll see that they all deal with food or water as it relates to our health or how we treat it as a resource.

  1. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
  2. Deconstructing Supper
  3. Ingredients
  4. Broken Limbs
  5. The Future of Food
  6. Food Beware: The French Organic Revolution
  7. What's On Your Plate
  8. The Real Dirt on Farmer John
  9. The Garden
  10. Dirt! The Movie
  11. Flow: For The Love of Water
  12. Blue Gold: World Water Wars
  13. Thirst

It's probably going to take a few weeks for me to get through these 13 films, depending on Bruce's tolerance of the subject being repeated nightly. He bears with me in many things and loves documentaries, so that is on my side.

I'd love to read your thoughts about any of them. Have you seen any? What did you think? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Comments

  1. It is ALWAYS a great idea to educate yourself on what you are putting in your body! Go, Sabes! The one you don't have, but you MUST watch is "Food, Inc." Seriously. It will change you on some level. It is shocking. Make that the first one you watch and you are in luck, because it is on Netflix streaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we've already seen, a while back, "King Corn," "Food, Inc," "Super Size Me," and the rebuttal "Fat Head," which are documentaries on topics similar to your new list.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead last weekend. It is very inspiring. My hubby and I are going on a 10 day juice fast together soon. I am excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids