My Signature Pasta Dish & My #Carrabbas Pasta Personality

Someone was asking me about cookbooks and recipes today when I came across the Take the Carrabba’s Personality Quiz on Facebook. I quickly took the 5 question quiz and discovered that my pasta personality is Penne Franco, a dish with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and ricotta salata. It sure sounds like something I'd enjoy and now I might be inspired to make an Italian style pasta dish for dinner tonight! 
My husband's favorite pasta dish is a Creamy Spinach-Chicken Lasagna. I was sure I had posted it before, but couldn't find it any where on the blog. And since it is one of our favorites, I thought I ought to share it with you now. It started out as a recipe from my mom, which I've now made so many times, I don't even look at the written recipe any more. Plus, since my life is busier, I've turned it into a no-boil lasagna to make assembly quicker. 

Creamy Spinach-Chicken Lasagna
  • 1 box lasagna noodles
  • 2 cups cooked chicken
  • 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
  • 15 oz ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 pinch red pepper flakes
  • 1 bag mozzarella cheese plus extra if you like it really cheesy!
  • salt & pepper
  1. Combine mushroom soup and milk with red pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly and pour just enough into your pan to cover the bottom.
  2. Layer 3 noodles over the sauce.
  3. Combine ricotta with egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the lasagna noodles, top with half of the spinach, half of the chicken, and some of the mozzarella cheese.
  5. Pour some of the soup mixture over top and then add 3 more lasagna noodles. 
  6. Repeat all layers again. Then top with remaining soup, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
  7. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes until it is bubbly and your cheese starts to brown.
I always credit the original version of this recipe with my husband deciding he wanted to marry me. I think my revised version is just as good and easier to make than boiling lots of noodles.

Why don't you take the Facebook Carrabba’s Pasta Personality quiz, and leave a comment letting me know what your pasta personality is?

Right now, Carrabba's has several limited time special offers that sound really yummy to me. These seven dishes start at $10 and include soup or salad. They are only available through the end of July, so you have 2 full months to enjoy them! I've never been to Carrabba's, but am really looking forward to going to enjoy these sometime this summer.

Pasto Rambo – Named for the chef who created it, it’s made with shrimp tossed with imported Italian linguine, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes sautéed in our basil lemon butter sauce. Lobster is available instead of shrimp for an additional cost.

Other Limited Time Offers:
Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.

Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.

Now Introducing:Peach Sangria – Carrabba’s new light and fruity Peach Sangria blends Copper Ridge White Zinfandel, Absolut Apeach vodka and Patrón Citrónge with a splash of citrus. Topped with a fresh lemon wedge and strawberry, it’s a taste of the Amalfi Coast in spring.

If you aren't sure if there is a Carrabba's near you, you can check their locations by visiting www.carrabbas.com for the closest Carrabba’s location. I hope you have one near you because there are more than 230 locations nationwide. 

Oh, and if you make my Creamy Chicken-Spinach Lasagna, let me know what your family or guests think!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids