Momma Turns 30

Yes, you read that correctly... I turned 30 today. And you know what, apart from the arthritis that seems to have taken over my joints, the hemorrhoids, gas, and foggy memory that I am suddenly experiencing, I don't feel any different. :-) Just kidding... I don't have any of those symptoms though a certain someone suggested that life is all downhill from here. I just don't see it. I think life is great and only missing a few more hours of sleep!

Today was a good day, sort of. When I woke up, I found a note from Charlotte in my kitchen wishing me a happy birthday. And, my mom came down last night to spend my birthday with me and to watch Charlotte while Bruce took me out to dinner. My mom and I had a good day visiting and took Charlotte to Wal-Mart for her 6-week photos (which is why I don't have any to post here, there won't be in until 10/10). Then, we went to Crisper's for lunch... I love their Harvest Cobb Salad! While at lunch, and after nursing Charlotte, she took a head dive straight for the edge of the table!

That freaked her out, and me too. I think the people in the back of the restaurant heard her wail after her head connected with the table's edge. Fortunately, she is as hard-headed as we expected and calmed down pretty quickly. Then though, she got really sleepy. I didn't know if it was because she had just nursed, or if she had a concussion, so I called the doctor's office. They had an appointment available immediately, so we went in and met with Dr. Sandavol. She was great!

Dr. Sandavol looked her over and told us what to watch for in the next 48-72 hours, but otherwise said that it looked like Charlotte was just fine. And so far, I've not seen any adverse affects of her table-dive. She even still lets me hold her. :-) I will say though, apart from being initially VERY scared, I think I handled this situation fairly well as I didn't cry myself or lose total confidence in my ability as a mother.

After we returned home, I nursed her some more and waited for my husband to come home. After he checked Lottie's head and gave me some good natured teasing, we left for my birthday dinner. Lottie was in the capable hands of her grandma and had plenty of milk in the fridge to hold her over.

Bruce and I went to Chili's for dinner and I discovered Buffalo Chicken Fajitas! Wow! So yummy... afterwards, we went over to the mall to find me some new clothes. I didn't want a lot, but needed something to supplement my current wardrobe of 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of exercise pants, and a couple of tops that also worked for nursing. I had cleaned out my closets this week and packed up all of my maternity clothes so I would have to confront the fact that I didn't have anything to wear!

You see, when I got pregnant, I was down to about 156 lbs and wearing a size 12 or so. Well, not all of the weight I gained during my pregnancy can be blamed on Charlotte, so I really don't have much to wear. I tried to remain frugal though and got 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for $27... all from Sear's 75% off-clearance racks. That should be enough to get me through for a little while until I can fit into my pre-maternity wardrobe (which is now hanging proudly and expectantly in my closet).

Thanks for checking in on my 30th birthday post. I've accomplished a major goal and that was having my first child before 30. Thanks Charlotte!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Jennifer! I hope that you had a terrific day! I love how different birthday's are once you become a mom! Glad you were able to get away for a short while!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Be sure to leave an email address in your profile or in your comment if you'd like a reply.

Popular posts from this blog

Win Free Cereal

Note to Self

Yoplait Kids